When I started blogging, I was not much into eye make up, though I had all the tools required to do it 🙂 . Gradually I started liking it and began to explore and there has been no looking back. I prefer easy to carry, do-able looks. My aim while doing these tutorial posts, is to make eye make up easy and simple, so that everybody who wants to try out new looks, can do so with ease.
I usually do this look to match my traditional attire especially gold colored kanchivarams, or red colored heavy silk sarees. This can also be paired with bridal attire particularly red and gold colored lehengas or sarees.
For doing this, you would need the following:
- Gold ES – I used gold from my ESpirit palette
- Maroonish plum ES – Maybelline single ES , not available in India
- Matte brown ES – Essence smokey eyes set
- Dark black Kohl – Maybelline colossal kajal
- Liquid eyeliner – from VOV
- Mascara – Essence multi action mascara
1. Pat gold ES on the inner half of the eye lid extending a little over the middle.
2 . Now take the plum ES and apply it from the inner to the outer half making the ends look like a “V” and then gradually blending and taking it along the crease to the mid of the crease line.
3. Then take a deep brown matte ES and use it to blend both the colors that they appear gradient.
4. Apply a highlighting ES on the brow bone to the crease, then line the eyes with kohl, and gradually blend it with a angled brush.
5. On top of that, apply liquid eye liner and then again blend it along the lash line with a angled brush and apply a little kohl on the lower lash line and carefullly blend it with angled brush.
I have made a collage of the steps, the top three images in the collage are the first three steps and the bottom two the next two steps. All from left to right. Next time onwards I shall mark them with numbers.
6. Finally apply mascara and line the tear line with kohl and your done.
The complete look.