With the wedding season here, I thought of posting about some basic makeup must haves for every bride who is on a budget.
So let me move on with the write-up ! In this post, I shall concentrate on only the products, the sequel to this shall have on how to go about doing the make-up.
The most important aspect of a flawless makeup is a flawless base, it makes 50% of the work done.
- Maybelline dream mousse liquid foundation, airbrush finish. This is one of the best foundations I came across recently. It photographs really well and covers up the blemishes of the face. If you have a fairly good skin, this would work wonders. Lakme Absolute foundation also has good reviews.
- Lotus Natural Blend 4 in 1 make-up stick, a good concealer and also acts as an excellent eye lid primer.
- The Maybelline BB Stick , it really makes the face glow, reduces pores and acts as a excellent base.
- To choose a primer, we have very few brands on budget on this category. You can use the Oriflame primer or the Coloressence one, both are decent. Else there is another way to create a smooth base, about which I shall discuss in my next post on this category.
- A good moisturizer, I find neutrogena oil free moisturizer really good or baby lotion.
- Lakme Perfect Radiance Compact.
To add that natural flush to the face, a must have in every bride’s vanity.
- Lakme Baked blushes from the Absolute Range. Also Colorbar blushes in shades “Peachy Rose” or ” Fuschia”. Otherwise Lakme regular blushes in shades “Rose Crushed” and “Just Ginger”
- Lakme Moonlit Highlighter for highlighting purpose.
- Colorbar Illuminating pen is really good, if you get this, it would be a steal.
Eye Shadows, Mascara and Kohl:
For those beautiful peepers 🙂
- Lakme Eye Quartet in “Desert Rose”, though some amount of fall out is there, still it is good. A palette purely for brides. Also Faces stackables or the single eye shadows. Also, Colorbar has some great singles like “expensive pink”, “spicy copper” etc.
- Maybelline Gel liner in “black”, one product and all your lining, tighting issues are sorted.
- Lakme eyeconic Kajal
- Colored eye pencils from Faces or Colorbar could be given a try if you are open to experimenting.
- Maybelline Collosal Volume Mascara.
- An angled brush , Vega has a really good one. It helps in lining and filling out eyebrows.
- Lakme eyebrow pencil.
Here I have listed a combination of light abd dark shades. You could check out the swatches and then decide :).
- Maybelline Colorsenstional in “Pleasure Me Red“.
- Lakme Absolute in “Classic Rose”
- Colorbar Velevet matte lipstick in “hot hot hot”, “oh my magenta”.
- Lakme liplove lipstick in “aphrodite blush” or “rose kissed” for daily wear.
- Revlon Colorburst Lipstick in “True red” or “Fuchsia”
- Revlon Colorburst lip gloss in “amethyst” and “iced coffee”
- Maybelline Colorsenational lipgloss in “hooked on pink” and “totally toffee”.
- Maybelline liquid diamonds lipgloss in clear or transparent.
Vega brush set and singles are quite good on a budget.
Hope this is helpful and gives some clues to brides on the look out for make=up on budget without compromising on quality. If you have furthur queries, do feel free to email me :).