I always believe make up is to enhance our features and not to make us look some one else. I love experimenting with colors and various looks especially eye make-up and the result, as is, you see it on my blog. However, when it comes to my own make-up, which I sport on various situations, is always sober and toned down. I love make-up but do not like myself appear made up 🙂 . The look which I am posting today, is one I sported during a dinner over last weekend and unfortunately, have only one picture of it.
So, I am just going to list out the ingredients, I used to do this look and the prodecure.
Things Needed :
- Eye primer to prime and set the base for eye make-up
- A jet black base, to start the smokey eyes, like kajal or gel liner. I used Maybelline lasting drama gel liner
- A matte black eye shadow, I used “total blackout” from Jordana
- A simple blending brush
- Kajal/kohl , I used Maybelline Colossal Kajal
- Mascara , I used Lakme Eyeconic Mascara
- On face, I used MAC Studio Fix Powder Foundation NC 42
- Blush is “Mocha” from NYX
- On lips I have a clear gloss from Maybelline
How to do it :
- Prime the eye lids.
- Then apply a coat of jet black base, kajal or gel liner. I used the Maybelline gel liner as a all over black base.
- Then I took some matte black eye shadow and started blending the black base. The intensity is built up gradually with continuous “windshield wiper” movements of blending.
- Once done, apply kohl on the water line and finish off with mascara.
- While doing eye make-up , I always do my face make-up later. So, I primed my face with moisturizer and applied the MAC Studio Fix Powder.
- Then applied a hint of pink blush mentioned above
- On lips, a clear gloss.
And here is the complete look 🙂 Do drop in your thoughts 🙂